Monday, April 26, 2010

Coachella-Oh How I Love You



There is something about multiple day music festivals that appeal to me on so many different levels. It's a combination of great music and community that makes my heart skip a beat every time I think about it. However, it's so much more than music that draws me and makes my little soul sing out loud.

Last year at Coachella, I ended up camping next to an amazing group of people. They welcomed us into their area with open arms. We all managed to stay connected this past year (social networking at its best) and made plans to meet up again this year and camp. We also adopted a couple of amazing Canadians that I found on the Coachella message board. They were flying into Vegas and needed a ride. I picked them up the night before we left and they couch surfed at my house. Another friend of mine also needed a ride, so he joined our group. There ended up being 8 cars and over 20 people camping with us this year, our own little corner in the giant world, filled with laughter and peace.

And then, it's over. Just like that. You pack up your car, considerably lighter, and go back to the "real world". It makes me sad, these people I have met and known. Each of us going in the opposite direction in a world that feels awfully big and scary at times. And it makes me reflect on myself and wonder how I can feel so connected to people that I don't really "know". They are not here, sharing each moment of pain, joy, or wonder. Maybe it's for that reason, I love them all so. Maybe its that I think that if people really know the darkest part of me, they won't love me. It's so easy to develop seemingly strong relationships in a moments time, and so easy to drift away. The connections that matter, take years to develop and nurture and yet...I am content with the other more surface ones more than I ever thought possible.

And so maybe, the answer is, to just keep on being open to all possibilities in everything. Or, maybe there really aren't any solutions to any of life's little dramas that occur when you invite other people into your life. It just is. For now, I am perfectly happy with a head full of memories and the times shared with people that I have an amazing bond with. Superficial bond yes, but who says that those bonds don't matter. They matter more than the people they encompass will ever know.

Peace and love,

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment