Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hello readers!

(Originally posted December 9, 2009)


Adventurist: A person who is involved in risky enterprises without regard to proper procedures and possible consequences.

If their is any word that defines me, it is the word adventurist. I find myself jumping head first into activities, without regard to the myriad of pitfalls. One of my new activities will be this blog, to be used as an outlet for my work, my adventures, and the many situations I find myself in, caused by a lack of planning. Bad luck seems to follow me, but I actually embrace it. Good things also happen to me on a daily basis, so maybe its just natures way of creating some semblance of balance in my otherwise unbalanced world.

I own a PR company in Las Vegas, handling the media for some of the most well-known poker celebrities in the world. I love my job and love the community of interesting characters that I am part of. My other love is the outdoors, or rather, anything extreme that I can do outdoors. I spend my money on gear, traveling, and whiskey. I crave the extreme and the rush of adrenaline that I get when trying new sports, or being thrown in a new situation that I have to wiggle my way out of. I also have a tendency towards addiction. I will try something new and throw myself into it with all that I have. Not a typical addiction, as I have never done drugs and can take or leave the whiskey.

I have been thinking alot lately about the concept of fear. Fear is defined as a feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger. I developed the anti-fear gene somewhere down the road and have basically wiped it from my character. I’m not afraid of getting hurt, of death, of rejection, of heights, of being alone, of looking like an idiot and the list goes on and on. I love that quality, but also think that a little fear is healthy, I just don’t know how to get it back. I have a basic disregard for my own safety if said disregard will throw me into a new situation.

I am also rampantly free-spirited and fiercely independent. Both things that I love about myself. On the flip-side, one of my many faults is a lack of compassion for people that use excuses to explain their life away. I can’t stand victims and often times will tell them so. I also need to work on tact, as one of my clients says, “You have no filter, you just say whatever you want, whenever you want.” This gets me into trouble at times and is something I am striving to fix.

So, I will be talking about all of that in this blog. All of my faults and all of my strengths. I’ll mix in some stories from my past, present, and my hopes for the future. If you choose to read it, thank you. If not, I don’t really mind.

Untill next time, have a blast and go get some adventure in your own life. We are not really alive unless we experience the new.

Peace,

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment