Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Genesis of a Community Revolution

It's been forever since I have taken to this blank page and written anything. I have been so entirely focused on a new project that I co-founded, I just simply haven't had the mental energy to blog sufficiently.

Of course, I am going to tell you all about the project here, as I think you will be able to see why I am so involved.

A while back, several close friends and I were deeply affected by recent events in the world. We saw people using their own unique voices to change things in their own communities for the better. We decided that we needed to act on it, and so began our project, www.Jaspud.com. The entire site will be made up of communities of people, using their voice to make changes in their own communities. If you really think about it, we are all part of many communities in our daily lives. From a classroom, to our favorite places to shop, to various charities we believe in, to our city, states, and countries.

Our community leaders will be able to pose questions to their community members about how they can better serve them, from something as simple as "What should our happy hour special be for the next hour?" to as complex as where should the majority of our cash donations go for our charity. We will also suggest communities, so that people are made more aware of what is going on around them. Users are also completely anonymous.

That's the basic concept of our project. I will never forget the moment it all clicked for me. I was taking a shower and thinking about the people that have given their lives for their own "communities" to grow and succeed. Watching people in action, making their voice heard is amazing thing to see. While soaping my hair, all the pieces clicked into place. Everything we are about, this group of friends, and I , is part of the global responsibility we all have to make our own communities better. I feel so strongly that every single person needs to let their own voice be heard, but we need to do it ways that are effective. I hope that our new site will allow you all to do that.

Communities are open to anyone with an idea, a company, or a charity. Pretty much anything that effects your life, is part of your community. We are launching in just a few weeks and I hope you guys will take a second to set up your own communities or become a member of a community.

You can check out our Beta sign up page at www.Jaspud.com.

Follow us on Twitter @jaspudcommunity or on Facebook.com/Jaspud





Let me know what you all think!

Peace, love, and joy!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment